News:

alphaMELTS 1.9 is available at the download and information site.
alphaMELTS 2 standalone & for MATLAB/Python are available on request
(see the Version 2 tab on the download site for more details).
For news of all MELTS software see the MELTS Facebook page.

Main Menu

adiabat 2.0.1 on x86_64

Started by robert, July 23, 2008, 12:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert

Hi Paula,

I'm not sure if the upgrade to 2.0.1 is binary-only (the new .bin file seems to be newer), but currently when downloading a 64 bit linux version of 2.0.1 the tar package is still the old 2.0 version (last modified in March) and no mention is made of 2.0.1 in the readme/changelog.

Thanks!
Robert

Paula

Hi Robert,

Yes, it's supposed to be like that.  Version numbers like X.X refer to full releases - tar or zip archives including programs and example files, with corresponding documentation and a readme / change log.  Versions numbers like X.X.X are updates to the binary files for Adiabat_1ph (and occasionally cubicquad2) only and should replace the program file(s) in the most recent X.X version.  If you use 'Get all Linux files' it should download both the tar.gz and the .bin, if any, for you.  

Changes are described temporarily in the Adiabat_1ph Errata and bug fix details.  When the next release occurs (i.e. 2.1) the accumulated changes from 2.0.1 and any subsequent updates will be added to the other change log entries for 2.1, both in the readme.txt and on the website.  The stored copies of old versions always include the last binary update file, as they often provide important bug fixes.

The documentation follows a slightly different timeline.  Sometimes there are no changes accompanying a X.X.X type update (e.g. if it includes only bug fixes).  Other times errata in the documentation are fixed or clarification added, based on users' experiences, without any changes to the program(s).  The latest version of the documentation is always linked at the top left hand corner of the Adiabat_1ph download and information page; if it doesn't say 'rev 1', or similar, then the file is the same as the one in the X.X archive.

Paula

P.S. I realised that I had forgotten to link the binary update files for 2.0.1 on the old version page, which also acts as an alternative download site for those with Javascript missing or disabled.  It's fixed now though.

Paula

Just to say that, as the forum and the download site have both just moved to a new location (see MAGMA), the details described above have changed slightly.  The most up to date version of the documentation is now the browsable html documentation (requires a browser that supports frames and Javascript).  The most recent revision of the downloadable pdf documentation is linked just below and will include all important edits but perhaps not the most minor corrections, such as typos that do not alter the intended meaning.  I've updated the links above to reflect the new website layout.

Paula