News:

alphaMELTS 1.9 is available at the download and information site.
alphaMELTS 2 standalone & for MATLAB/Python are available on request
(see the Version 2 tab on the download site for more details).
For news of all MELTS software see the MELTS Facebook page.

Main Menu

How to read input file and updata

Started by xuan-ce wang, January 10, 2009, 09:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xuan-ce wang

Hi Paula,
     I hope you'll bare with me as I'm really new to MELTS.  I have just downloaded it from the website and tried to run through the getting started section to test that I have installed everything correctly.  I correctly run _adiabat.pl at the command line. But I am unable to read some of input files (such as the Sun_McDonough_PM.melts, and Morb.melts). Additionally, I am not very sure how to update and how to create a new input files. Any help will be grately appreciated. Thanks ,xuance

Paula

Hi Xuance,

The problem with reading in melts files is probably a path problem (see here).

By 'update' I am guessing that you mean update the melts_file.  To do that use option 14.  You will be given the option to write out the liquid composition or the residue composition (or in certain circumstances the bulk composition) in melts_file format.  There is more information about this option in the manual.

To create a new input file I usually just copy an old one and edit in a text editor, such as Notepad if you are on Windows.  To make more that one melts_file try the '-t table_file' switch for run_adiabat.pl.  Again there's more about this in the manual.

If anything doesn't work please don't hesitate to post again (I've been on leave but I'll be around more from now on so your post will get answered...).

Cheers,
Paula