News:

alphaMELTS 1.9 is available at the download and information site.
alphaMELTS 2 standalone & for MATLAB/Python are available on request
(see the Version 2 tab on the download site for more details).
For news of all MELTS software see the MELTS Facebook page.

Main Menu

Output a Solidus?

Started by robert, March 11, 2008, 12:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert

Hello again,

Is there currently a way for adiabat to print out the solidus (i.e. a list of PT values) used in running its calculations? Ideally I could supply an input composition, run adiabat and a separate solidus file could be optionally produced, but I bet there's some clever trick I could use to derive a solidus with the resulting data as-is- other than systematically re-running the program with varying PT values and noting where melt begins, hopefully!

Congrats on version 2,
Robert

pluffi

Robert,

Would option 10. Follow mineral isograd or melt fraction contour in the Adiabat menu not resolve your problem? If you haven't tried it yet, see the Adiabat manual pdf (pp. 21-22); you'll find there explicit instructions how to trace the solidus (there are some tricks good to know about). At the end of a successful run with this option you'll find the desired solidus P-T pairs in some of the output files (e.g. Liq.tbl and Phase_props.txt).

Hope this helps.
Peter

Quote from: robert on March 11, 2008, 12:18:01 PM
Hello again,

Is there currently a way for adiabat to print out the solidus (i.e. a list of PT values) used in running its calculations? Ideally I could supply an input composition, run adiabat and a separate solidus file could be optionally produced, but I bet there's some clever trick I could use to derive a solidus with the resulting data as-is- other than systematically re-running the program with varying PT values and noting where melt begins, hopefully!

Congrats on version 2,
Robert

robert

Ah, yeah. I was hoping it'd be easy, thanks!