Author Topic: Change model version for running xmelts through Melts-batch  (Read 234 times)

Jule

• View Profile
Hi all - we used the codes from the ENKI github collection to set up batch-running of several rhyolite-melts runs through xmelts with Melts-batch, and it has been working like a charm. Now I want to do some runs varying CO2 and therefore wanted to change the rhyolite-melts version to the mixed-fluid model in v. 1.1.x. I changed the model selection in the input xml files accordingly but somehow the output water.tbl files still show 100 wt% H2O. From the output xml file it says release>rhyolite-MELTS (1.0.1) pMELTS (5.6.1) so that makes me think that there is some other place where this would need to be modified… do you know how or where?
Thanks!

Paula

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My GPS Division profile
Re: Change model version for running xmelts through Melts-batch
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 08:48:06 pm »
Hi Jule,

On the main branches - master, develop - the model choice is hardcoded in the source. On the alphaMELTS branch, I added a compiler flag so that it is easier to switch between models (to build Melts-batch executables for the Magma Chamber Simulator crew). But it looks like I never pushed those edits to the GitLab server. Let me tidy up a bit and I'll get it up there tomorrow.

Cheers,
Paula

Jule

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 05:40:10 am »
Awesome, thank you!!

Jule

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 07:10:50 am »
Hi Paula - have you had the chance to have a look at the code already? Can you let me know when the new version is online?
Thanks!

Paula

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My GPS Division profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 05:55:06 pm »
A version of the code that makes it easy to compile any of the Melts-batch executables is now on GitLab. Make sure you are on the alphaMELTS branch (e.g. "git checkout alphaMELTS") and then, if necessary, adjust the instructions in the README so that:
    make Melts-batch                                         ... builds the pMELTS version
    make Melts-batch "VERSION=-DV102"         ... builds rhyolite-MELTS 1.0.2
    make Melts-batch "VERSION=-DV110"          ... builds rhyolite-MELTS 1.1.0
    make Melts-batch "VERSION=-DV120"            ... builds rhyolite-MELTS 1.2.0

Quick tip for Mac users: if you download the Magma Chamber Simulator (https://mcs.geol.ucsb.edu) and it has all four Melts-batch files already built for you!

Paula
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 06:38:00 pm by Paula »