News:

alphaMELTS 1.9 is available at the download and information site.
alphaMELTS 2 standalone & for MATLAB/Python are available on request
(see the Version 2 tab on the download site for more details).
For news of all MELTS software see the MELTS Facebook page.

Main Menu

How to set elements to be trace elements in alphaMELTS for MATLAB?

Started by slock, February 08, 2021, 11:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slock

Hi,

Is it possible to set elements to be calculated as trace elements in alphaMELTS for MATLAB? If so, what is the syntax?

Thanks a lot,

Simon

Paula

Hi Simon,

No it's not properly implemented yet, sorry. I'm a bit snowed with other projects (and pandemic life!) at the moment, so not sure how soon I'll get back to working on this. Definitely intending to have it working by the Goldschmidt workshop, which will be virtual at the end of June. Will keep you posted if there's anything to test sooner.

Paula

IsaiahSpring

Hi Paula,

I was wondering if this Trace element capability was up and running, and if there were any materials or examples about its operation.

Thanks,
Isaiah

Paula

Hi Isiah,

No, sorry, as we have decided to take a different route and have the (passive) trace elements handled in Python, so we can integrate with existing packages for trace element partitioning models etc. The water as a trace species (i.e. pHMELTS) is close to implemented. That will be integrated into the main alphaMELTS program more thoroughly, rather than as a tack on trace species engine. So it will feel similar to the interface to the fO2 buffering options.

Best wishes,
Paula