News:

alphaMELTS 1.9 is available at the download and information site.
alphaMELTS 2 standalone & for MATLAB/Python are available on request
(see the Version 2 tab on the download site for more details).
For news of all MELTS software see the MELTS Facebook page.

Main Menu

"View Output File" button is unresponsive

Started by eroepke, July 09, 2013, 09:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eroepke

Hello, I'm very new to MELTS and have what seems to be a very simple problem - after Finding Liquids for a sample bulk composition (found a tutorial online), I am unable to obtain an actual output file. I click the "View Output File" button, but nothing happens. The run seemed to go fine - the program found a liquidus and lists compositions for many minerals in the display box at the bottom. The other 3 buttons are working, at least as far as I can tell. They all launch a pop-up box with options, etc. I am using Ubuntu 12.04. Any help would be great, or if more clarification is needed just let me know. Thanks!

Paula

Hi!

None of the buttons really do anything anymore. For example, the 'Graphics Options Dialog' may pop up and give you choices for a graph but when you actually try to plot it you will get a message 'Selected option has not yet been implemented'. However, the output file 'melts.out' should be in the directory where you started MELTS. You can open it with a text editor to see the contents, even if MELTS is still running. Once you have done a few more calculations you will also get a bunch of comma-delimited '.tbl' files, one for each phase etc.. You can open these in Calc, Matlab or the like.

There's lots more information about how (and why) the interface has changed since early versions of the MELTS manual at this forum's version of the introductory tutorial:

[EX] MELTS (GUI) version of tutorial: 'Quick start using MELTS'

Hope that helps,
Paula