News:

alphaMELTS 1.9 is available at the download and information site.
alphaMELTS 2 standalone & for MATLAB/Python are available on request
(see the Version 2 tab on the download site for more details).
For news of all MELTS software see the MELTS Facebook page.

Main Menu

Set integrated output file directory

Started by jakemoore, January 21, 2009, 11:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakemoore

Paula,

Is there a way to set the directory for the Integrated Output files from option 11?  I've been using the -p switch to set the directory for the "normal" output files, but the files from option 11 always end up in the same directory as run_adiabat.pl.  If there's not, it's not a big deal, but might be a useful feature for the future.

As always, thank you.
Jacob

pluffi

Jacob,

When you are asked at option 11 to name the output file, provide the path (as you do with the -p switch for the regular output files) + the name of the output file, e.g.:

Your choice: 11
Filename:output_directory/output_filename
(replace "/" with "\\" if you use Windows)

This should work.

Peter

jakemoore

Thanks Peter.  I thought I had tried that before, but must have done something wrong.
-Jacob

Paula

Hi Jacob,

My guess is that when you tried to provide the path within adiabat_1ph it failed because the directory you wanted to use did not yet exist.  When you use the -p switch with run_adiabat.pl it automatically creates the output directory but this does not occur until after adiabat_1ph has exited.  So if you retry what Peter suggested a second time it should work because run_adiabat.pl has created the directory.  But that's just a guess.

I agree that it would be useful if the -p switch applied to all output files.  I'll bear it in mind for whenever the next version is made (at the moment the only outstanding bug is the one you found in the Source Mixer, i.e. this one, which has a reasonable workaround but if a more serious error or more substantial feature request comes up...).

Cheers,
Paula

Paula

This is an old thread but...

In Adiabat_1ph 3, the -p switch causes the main output files, including any master output file set using the -o switch, to be moved to the specified output folder. The ADIABAT_INTEGRATE_FILE (if set) is also moved so if adiabat_1ph crashes and you have to restart it to do the option 16 calculation then make sure you set the same '-p path' switch so it knows where to look.

To make sure that other output files are moved to the '-p path' target without having to write out the path at the menu prompt, e.g. for option 16 (which was option 11 before) or option 15, choose a name that ends in '_tbl.txt'. So you don't need to set the integrated output file directory as long as you name the integrated output file by this convention.

Cheers,
Paula