News:

alphaMELTS 1.9 is available at the download and information site.
alphaMELTS 2 standalone & for MATLAB/Python are available on request
(see the Version 2 tab on the download site for more details).
For news of all MELTS software see the MELTS Facebook page.

Main Menu

Tutorial not working

Started by boetaluiters, May 20, 2014, 03:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boetaluiters

Hi there, I am a new user of alphaMELTS and I am unfortunately experiencing some problems. I am currently running on Windows 8 and have installed Strawberry Perl. I have ran the install.command file through the Perl interpreter. After installation I used the command file of run_alpmamelts to start with the tutorial (the tutorial with the Morb.melts file), after selecting option 1 to set the starting composition I had to chose the Morb.melts file but it constantly crashes after I enter the file. If tried activePerl and the Portable version of strawberry but none of it seem to help. Attached is a screenshot of the error i receive when trying to run the tutorial.

Please help!

Paula

Hi,

You are right - there is a bug. Thanks for pointing it out. I will post an update (which will be v1.3.2) as soon as I can.  I am on leave though so am a bit constrained by when the baby sleeps etc.

In the meantime, a workaround is to set ALPHAMELTS_DO_TRACE to 'true' in FracXtalTutorial.txt but leave Morb.melts without any trace elements.

Paula

P.S. I am moving this to the Bug report board

boetaluiters