News:

alphaMELTS 1.9 is available at the download and information site.
alphaMELTS 2 standalone & for MATLAB/Python are available on request
(see the Version 2 tab on the download site for more details).
For news of all MELTS software see the MELTS Facebook page.

Main Menu

Installation of rhyolite-MELTs in Win10

Started by Renqiang Liao, November 03, 2019, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renqiang Liao

Hi, everyone,

I Want to install the 64-bit Ubuntu 18.04 LTS rhyolite-MELTS/pMELTS executable on Win10 with subsystem for Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS).

I follow the installation step released "Updated: enabling the WSL and installing the Rhyolite-MELTS GUI (new for 2018)Ã,« on: September 19, 2018, 03:34:13 pm Ã,»". When I followed the step "cd ~/bin", then type "ln -sf ../Downloads/Melts-rhyolite-public Melts-rhyolite", whether "Download" here should be replaced by "MyFiles" (substituting for Downloads at the head) or not.

During this installation, I didn't substitute it. Then I followed the step "sudo apt install libxft2 libxmu6 ".

In the end, when I navigate the folder where my input file (.melts) are, and type "Melts-rhyolite". Then I go to choose the version. But after I chose it, it didn't work. "Error: Can't open display"

Is this because the installation didn't work? or anything else?

Thank you.

Renqiang Liao

Hi, everyone

I also installed X410. But when I try to open X410, showing "No listening sockets available. Make sure you've specified at least one listening socket and X410 is not already runing with the same display number". It didn't work. Anything wrong with the installation?

Thank you.

Renqiang Liao

Hi, everyone

The installation problem has been solved. Thanks

But I have a new problem: how to read the Output data (.tbl)?

Thank you.

Renqiang Liao

Hi, everyone

Melts has been  installed, and I run it successfully yesterday. But today, when I run it, it did't work. Showing nothing without a blinking cursor.

Could you help me? Any suggestion is of great help to me.

Thank you.

Paula

Hi,

Not sure but quitting both X410 and Ubuntu and starting them again may help. Does it get to the point where it asks which model you want to run, or not even that far?

For quickly looking at the .tbl files, the easiest thing may be to use MELTS for Excel's "combine tbl" tool to import and plot the text output from the graphical user interface:

https://magmasource.caltech.edu/forum/index.php/topic,828.msg1160.html

Paula

Renqiang Liao

Hi, Paula

Thank you very much. I tried and even reinstalled. But it still did't work.

After reinstalled, Ubuntu can normally show command line, but X410 did't work. Showing ââ,¬Å"No listening sockets available. Make sure you've specified lat least one listening socket and X410 is not already running with the same display number.ââ,¬Â And I tried to find a solution on Internet, but it still did't work. https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Pengwin/issues/166

Jon

Paula

Hi Jon,

I have not been able to reproduce this problem. What happens if you type "echo $DISPLAY" on the Ubuntu command line?

Also if you hover the mouse over X410 in the system tray what does it say? It's the X symbol; it may be among the hidden icons so click the ^ to see it. Mine says "X410 @ DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0".

Which Windows 10 version are you on? The May '2019 update (Version no. 1903) or something else?

Paula

Renqiang Liao

Hi, Paula

Thank you very much. The problems have been sloved. Just because of Windows version.

Jon