News:

alphaMELTS 1.9 is available at the download and information site.
alphaMELTS 2 standalone & for MATLAB/Python are available on request
(see the Version 2 tab on the download site for more details).
For news of all MELTS software see the MELTS Facebook page.

Main Menu

Integrated Output and Cubicquad

Started by waltersr, September 07, 2011, 08:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltersr

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting option 16 to work. I can get a successful return from Abiabat from option 4, for isentropic melting, fractional, with decreasing pressure. However, when I select option 16 and any combination of the integral options, type in a majors output name - it usually returns "Cubicquad could not open integrate file"  and then writes out the file headers to the file name specified OR returns to the menu and just writes out the headers to the file name specified (dependent on whether I set the ADIABAT_INTEGRATE_FILE). If I do set this env variable, this file is not written out anywhere, with or without the complete path. I have tried making sure that any paths are short and all output file names are labelled *_tbl.txt, but this hasn't fixed the problem.

I am using the new Adiabat_1ph 3, 32-bit version on MacOS Lion (10.5.8.). I'm sure its just a switch that I'm missing, or a line in the manual that I've missed.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Rachel.

Paula

Hi Rachel,

Sorry for the delay in answering your post - I was away last week. If cubicquad is never working, regardless of the settings, then it is likely that the problem lies in the melting calculation. I think it is a typo in the example file for isentropic melting that is the problem. The 'ADIABAT_CONTINUOUS_MELTING' environment variable used to be just called 'ADIABAT_CONTINUOUS' and it looks like I failed to update that properly. So make sure that your file has 'ADIABAT_CONTINUOUS_MELTING' and that is it set to some value, such as 'true'.

I have updated the isentropic_melt_env.txt file on the Adiabat_1ph Git server. You can right-click or ctrl-click on this link to save today's version of the file; the corrected version will be included with future releases of adiabat_1ph.

Hope that fixes the problem but if not please let me know.

Cheers,
Paula

waltersr

Hi Paula,

Many thanks - that certainly did the trick. I knew it would be something very simple that I was missing!

Thank you.

Rachel.