α All questions, complaints and suggestions for improvement in the alphaMELTS software, documentation or website are welcome. Please post comments on the forum, or feel free to reach us via Facebook or using the contact link at the bottom of the page . Alternatively, contact details for individual MELTS developers can be found by following the links to the right. The alphaMELTS program and other MELTS software come with no warranty or explicit promise of support, but the authors will gladly answer questions and provide reasonable support when possible.
How to cite alphaMELTS...
There may be others, depending on the exact calculation performed or the source and / or partition coefficients used (e.g. D = D(P,T,X)). See Smith & Asimow (2005) and documentation for fuller details.
- alphaMELTS front end (pdf is included with software download): Smith & Asimow (2005)
- Underlying thermodynamic model, if MELTS: Ghiorso & Sack (1995)
- Underlying thermodynamic model, if pMELTS: Ghiorso et al. (2002)
- Subsolidus calculations, if used (pdf link): Asimow & Ghiorso (1998)
- H20 partitioning as a trace species: Asimow et al. (2004)
- alphaMELTS version of isenthalpic AFC: Thompson et al. (2007) and references therein
- Reverse fractional crystallization and amoeba routine: Antoshechkina et al. (2010)
Documentation and examples that should help in getting started with alphaMELTS are given on the far right. The MELTS camp presentations and exercises are an amalgation of more than one short course; materials from specific sessions are linked on the alphaMELTS archive page. You can search the forum for queries and examples (you only need to log in to download attachments). Certain threads have been flagged as frequently asked questions or tutorial-style posts and we are gradually adding more. Bugs in the software or mistakes in the documentation that are not serious or have a reasonably simple workaround are listed below. They will be fixed in the next release or update, as appropriate.
Errata and bug fix details specific to alphaMELTS1.7 (last updated April 26th, 2017):