Presentations for alphaMELTS workshop
These are the latest versions of the presentations. They may have been modified slightly since the last workshop, to fix typos or incorporate suggestions. For example the VM alphaMELTS installation has now been incorporated into the "Front-ends to the MELTS family of algorithms..." presentation, and links to cheat-sheets included to help those new to the terminal command line.
If you want to find the exact presentation from a workshop you attended, please visit the alphaMELTS archive page. During a workshop updated presentations will be posted in this workshop working files directory (opens in a new window).
- Paul Asimow's presentation: Introduction to computational thermodynamics; model construction for the MELTS family of algorithms; modeling crystallization and liquid lines of descent.
- Paula Antoshechkina's presentation: Front-ends to the MELTS family of algorithms and their application for calculation of LLD.
- Mark Ghiorso's presentation: An H2O-CO2 mixed fluid saturation model compatible with rhyolite-MELTS.
- Paul Asimow's presentation: Modeling Melting, Effect of H2O, pHMELTS.
- Mark Ghiorso's presentation: MELTS_Excel, Phase Plot and other interfaces.
- Paul Asimow's presentation: Assimilation, Flux Melting, etc. ... more special calculations you can do in alphaMELTS.
- Paula Antoshechkina's presentation: Trace elements in alphaMELTS, including future developments; application of existing MELTS software to the problems described earlier; introduction to libalphaMELTS.